The sexual happiness is an integral part in a couple’s life. The happiness reflects in the bonding of the couples having an active sexual life. The couple can have a happy sexual life provided the male partner is healthy and doesn’t have an erectile dysfunction problem.
It is a condition where a man is having a difficulty in getting or maintaining a firm erection to have a satisfactory penetrative or a non-penetrative intercourse. It is also known as impotency. It’s a temporary condition which doesn’t need medical intervention. But if it’s a permanent issue then ruling out the underlying cause is necessary to restore a man’s self-esteem and sexual relationship.
Causes leading to Erectile Dysfunction
- Drug Abuse
- Addiction to nicotine & caffeine
- Old age
- Lowered level of testosterone
Can be also due to medical conditions
- Heart diseases
- High cholesterol
- Endocrine disorder
- Enlarged prostate gland
Ayurvedic Perspective on Erectile Dysfunction
According to ayurvedic science apan vayu caters the activities of the reproductive system. If apan vayu is imbalanced or vitiated it affects the functioning of the both male and female reproductive system. Here in ED (erectile dysfunction) the vitiated apan vata hampers the erection leading to unsatisfactory intercourse.
Acharya sushruta explains, when a man desires to have an intercourse, his touch response increases with the increase in blood flow by vata. This causes arousal which again intensifies vata and teja of pitta. Teja and vata increases the heartbeat, temperature, blood flow causing erection.
Ayurvedic way to treat ED (Erectile dysfunction)
Ayurveda is an ancient traditional medical science which has an answer to this most prevalent condition erectile dysfunction since ages with vajikarana herbs.
Vajikarana chikitsa is one among the ashtangas (eight specialities) of Ayurveda. It not only cures sexual disorders but helps to maintain the vigour and vitality of a person by promoting physical health, mental health and defence mechanism. Vajikarana means the herbs that boosts the vigour and libido of a person. In Sanskrit the word “vaji” refers to horse (the symbol of potency). Increasing the vigour of a man like the power of a horse is the main role of vajikarana chikitsa.
- Oil massage with pinda tail, bala tail, Ashwagandha tail to the male reproductive organ and the entire body relieves stress, strain and acts as aphrodisiac.
- Vajikarana drugs such as, Ashwagandha, shilajit, musli, vanga bhasma, kapikacchu, kokilaksha, Gokshura. These herbs are available in different combination in the form of powder, capsules, tablets, lehyas, asavas and arishtas. These herbs pacify vata and help in toning up the muscles and increase libido and vigour and effectively treat ED, premature ejaculation, oligospermia etc.
- Have 1 tsp. of ginger paste with 1 tsp. of honey 2-3 times a day has proven beneficial.
- Drumsticks, drumstick flowers have good results in male sexual disorders.
- Watermelon juice is considered as a natural Viagra which increases the blood flow to the penis and gives a proper erection.
- 1 tsp yashtimadhu churna, 1 tsp. cow’s ghee, 11/2 tsp. honey mixed together and taken with a glass of milk is considered to be the best libido booster.
- Snehana (oil massage), swedana (steaming).
- Vrishya basti (enema)
Panchakarma therapy expels the toxins and vitiated doshas out of the body making the body fit and healthy.
Erectile dysfunction is not a cause of concern or worry. However if ED continues for few days or months, it may affect the confidence and self-esteem of a person. It may even lead to relationship problems due to hesitancy in revealing the fact to the partner. Now, in the age of erectile drugs, this problem can be tackled very smartly and comfortably without undergoing any surgeries through. A person can be free from his agony and lead a happy sexual life without the intervention of the hazardous effects of the chemically formulated medicines. Trust Ayurveda and lead a peaceful life.