Burns occur quite often, particularly while cooking, ironing, minor road accidents etc. Some are first degree burns, others are second degree ones. In other words, some are serious while others are minors.
Burn blisters can cause much worry and discomfort and need to be taken care of with proper medical attention. One must not neglect the condition, as it could lead to infection and cause further complications.
Let us know us know about the basic approach to treat a minor burn blister at home. One can also do these remedies as First air for burns.
How to Treat Burn Blisters?
- One must wash one’s hands before cleaning up the burn. Avoid touching the burn as it can get infected. Open blisters get affected if they are left exposed
- Do notbreak the blisters
- The area needs to be cleaned up with soap as well as water
- It is possible some burnt skin may come off. Then, dry the area with a dry cloth or gauze
- Use an antibiotic skin ointment
- One can apply a bandage
Apart from allopathic medicines there are effective home remedies for burn blisters can be tried .
Home remedies for burn blisters:
- Cool water: Pour cool water on the burns for 15 to 30 minutes. The cool water reduces the temperature and the seriousness of the burn is reduced.
- Cold Compress: Apply a cool compress on the affected area. Ice water must be avoided as it damages the skin.
- Tent: In place of bandage “tent” the bandage by bringing its sides so that the bandage raises up in the middle. This tent will protect the blister, allowing to get exposed to air for quicker healing.
- San bandage: Go without the bandage at times to allow the blister to get exposed to as much air as possible. It allows quick recovery.
- Elevate the blister: Keep the affected area elevated to relive pressure and provide temporary relief.
- Raw potato: Slice a raw potato piece and rub the burn with it. The juice of the raw potato helps in curing the burn blister.
- Lemon juice and coconut: Vitamin E is found in coconut oil and has fatty acids such as myristic acid, lauric acid and capric acid, which have anti-fungal, anti-bacterial properties as well as anti-oxidizing properties. This is one of the useful home remedies for blisters. This one will sting because of Lemon juice.
- Honey: It is useful in disinfecting wounds and healing up burns. It removes the fluids present in the tissues, thus the burn area gets cleaned up. As an easily accessible home remedy, it is worth trying out.
- Black Tea Bag: Tannic acid is found in black tea and reduces the pain and removes the heat. One can place cold and wet tea bags on the blister and wrap these bags with gauze to keep them in place.
- Cutting the blister: In case the blister burns cut off the skin which is in excess. One can use a scissors that is sterilized. This ensures that the bacteria does not grow within the folds of one’s skin.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: One can combine about 50% solution of apple cider vinegar with plain water and soak the burn in it.
- Lavender Oil:Prepare a salve of consisting of lavender oil and add tea tree oil and honey and apply it on the burn blister. It is considered to be one of the effective home remedies for burn blisters.
- Banana: Peel of banana can be placed on the burn blisters