Back pain restricts movements. It occurs if something is amiss with the bones, ligaments, column of bones, ligaments, joints. Home remedies for back pain do help cure back ache. It afflicts young and old.
Causes of lower back pain
- Stress full job.
- Bad posture-sitting in a slouch manner or hunched position for a long time.
- Awkwardly twist.
- Over usage of the muscles.
- Sedentary lifestyle.
- Obesity or overweight.
- Undertaking work that is physically very strenuous.
- Ageing process
- Kidney infections.
- Hairline spinal fractures.
- Usage of medicines on a long term basis causing bone weakness.
Easy to use home remedies for back pain:
1. Ice pack and heat: Ice blocks the pain and controls swelling. Keep an ice wrapped in the towel on the affected area for about 20 minutes. One can also keep a frozen pea or a corn packet. You can use the ice pack after exercise. Later on after 48 hours use a warm towel wrap to stimulate blood flow and lessen the painful spasms.
- Dip the towel in warm water.
- Flatten it a bit and then fold it.
- Lie down and keep pillows under the hips as well as ankles.
- Keep the towel on the painful spot. Ensure the towel is covered with a plastic wrap.
- Put on the heating pad on medium on top of the plastic. Let it be on for 20 minutes. Repeat this procedure 3 to about 4 times in a day for a period of several days.
2. Proper Posture: Find a posture which is less stressful on one’s back. How? Stand straight with one’s weight evenly spread on one’s feet. Tilt the pelvis forward and then backwards in an exaggerated manner. Settle down in a comfortable position. Then work one’s way up focusing on various parts of the body. The area which is less stressful, be it the chest or waist or neck, is the posture to be maintained to reduce stress on that part. One must maintain this posture whenever one is walking or about to start or end an exercise.
3. Basil leaves:
- Boil 8 to 10 basil leaves to about 1 cup of water till evaporation.
- Let it cool to room temperature.
- Add some salt.
- If pain is mild, take the mix at least daily.
- If it is severe then twice.
4. Ginger root paste:
- Apply ginger paste on the affected part.
- Then rub some eucalyptus oil.
- Also, slice ginger root into thin pieces and place them in boiling water.
- Simmer the content and then boil it for 10 to 15 minutes on low heat.
- Let it cool to room temperature and strain it.
- Add some honey and drink it.
5. Wheat: This has an analgesic effect and reduces pain:
- Soak wheat overnight in plain water.
- Next morning, mix it in coriander and cuscus grass.
- Add about a cup of regular milk.
- Let it boil till it thickens.
- Drink the content 2 times daily.
6. Ginger Tea:
- The ginger tea preparation 2 to 3 times day for about few days or till there is some improvement.
- Herbal tea: About ½ tsp of black pepper corn, 1/2 tsp of cloves and about 1 tsp of powdered ginger .
7. Poppy seeds: One has to grind about 100gm of poppy seeds (khus khus) as well as rock candy(misri). Have about 2 tsps of the mixture about 2 times daily and then have glass of milk.
8. Garlic: Have about 2 to 3 cloves of regular garlic on an empty stomach every morning. One can also massage one’s back with garlic oil. Heat up some coconut oil or Sesame oil or Mustard oil on low flame. Add to it about 8 to 10 cloves of regular garlic to it. Let the garlic till it is brown in color. Let the oil be strained and be cooled to room temperature.