In Ayurveda, skin care is not only limited to treating the skin but the whole body itself. Our skin is the reflection of our healthy body mechanism which needs to be in harmony with our lifestyle. As there is a saying in Ayurveda, “What you put inside the body is what you should put over your body”, is completely relevant to the fact we are discussing here. Our skin is not different from the rest of our body, moreover, it too breathes and absorbs like other organs in our body. Thus, it is very important to nurture your skin with healthy body products.
An ayurvedic body butter is a unique recipe to maintain a healthy and glowing skin, without any side-effects. An herbal constitution goes way far in nourishing your skin than the modern cosmetic counterparts that induce harsh chemicals. These herbal preparations can be easily prepared in your home with the organic products and herbs available and can be customized according to one’s skin type.
The benefits of applying an ayurvedic constitution over your body is tremendous in all respects of your skin and can be accounted as below:
- It helps in hydrating, nourishing and moisturizing the skin deeply.
- Keeps pimples and acne at bay.
- Removes the dry skin cells and reveal a brighter, fresher and young-looking skin.
- Makes your skin silky smooth and soft to touch.
- To a remarkable extent, it helps in healing the skin damaged due to psoriasis and eczema.
Basic Mix and Composition
Being aware of the greatest benefits of using an herbal body butter, we should try it ourselves to see the results. Some of the basic ingredients that go into the preparation of an ayurvedic body butter are listed below, which can be used as per availability and based upon the composition you desire to prepare:
- Shea butter
- Mango butter
- Organic beeswax
- Cocoa butter
- Natural Aloe Vera gel
- Coconut oil
- Liquid oil ( preferably a combination of any of the oils among almond, jojoba, olive, apricot kernel oil, and grape seed oil or you can opt for herb infused oils like calendula oil and comfrey oil)
- Arrowroot powder
Blending all the above-mentioned ingredients, as per your choice, in the right proportion gives you a natural formulation that not only rejuvenates your skin but makes it supple and soft that doesn’t resist you from feeling your skin again and again.
- The Shea butter and Cocoa butter makes for the basic ingredient in any ayurvedic body butter preparation because it acts as an intense moisturizer and also helps in revitalizing dull or dry skin. Similarly, mango butter is another ingredient with same properties as that of Shea and cocoa butter. It can be used in belly balms that help in preventing the stretch marks to a greater extent.
- The Coconut Oil is considered as a wonderful soothing agent. It forms a protective layer on the skin when blended with the butter and keeps the skin moisturized for a longer period of time. Both the butter and the coconut oil are the main ingredients of any homemade body butter.
- The Liquid Oil and Herbal Oils when infused in the body butter offers a great aroma and revitalizing effect to your body. The almond oil is a great source of vitamin E that keeps the skin moisturized throughout.
- The Arrowroot Powder is an optional ingredient that can be used in your composition if required. For example, if you use olive oil in your formulation then the resultant butter might be thicker, making it greasier. In such case, using arrowroot powder will help the body butter easily sink into the skin, leaving a less greasy feeling.
- The Aloe Vera gel, on the other hand, is known for its nourishing effect and adds elasticity to a healthy skin. It is also good for sunburns and bug bites.
Thus, finding the best care for your skin it to go the natural way with the organic ingredients. Alike the ingredients, a good diet with regular eating habits along with a daily fitness regime is the secret behind a glowing skin. So, what are you waiting for? Start preparing your unique recipe and let the world