Summer is a season where a woman likes to step out for water sports, swimming in the best swimsuit. But it isn’t easy as she has to look fit, for which she needs to follow a certain detox diet. Ayurvedic herbs and therapy helps a women to detox her body and shed the extra pounds that she has piled on. Detoxification improves digestion, boosts energy, hence following an ayurvedic diet, therapy and lifestyle keeps a woman happy in summer.
Flush (detox) the System:
Our systems can be flushed with ayurvedic herbs and fibre rich diet. Ayurvedic texts explain Panchakarma as body detoxification therapy in which all the toxins from our body are expelled out. Panchakarma therapy goes as follows:
- Vamana – It is a process where vomiting is induced in a patient by drinking the medicine. This eliminates excess kapha dosha.
- Virechana – Virechana is a process where the purgation is done several times by consuming the medicines orally. This eliminates excess pitta dosha.
- Basti – Here the person is given medicated enema to expel out the excess dosha. Basti eliminates excess vata dosha.
Panchakarma does the complete detoxification and flushes out all the toxins (aama) from our body. This helps a woman to shed her excess pounds and feel healthy and fit.
Few Natural Ways to Flush Out
- Hydrate your body with plenty of water preferably hot water i.e., 8 glasses of normal water or a glass of hot water after every meal flushes away the toxins.
- Drinking decoction of Coriander seeds 2 tsp. in 1 litre of water detoxifies the liver and helps in metabolism.
- Green tea expels the toxins and cleanses the system.
- Herbs like punarnava, usheera, chandana, gokshura flushes away the excess aama (toxins) doshas and revitalises the system.
- Coconut water, cocum sharbat are the best natural detox.
Boost Metabolic Activity
Proper metabolism gives perfect health and fitness. To look slim and trim increasing the metabolic rate is the key. Few ways to increase the body’s metabolism are:
Avoid junk and calorie consumption
- Avoid oily and bakery products.
- Stop craving for sweets.
- Consume little quantity of food each time.
- Avoid chilled beverages and food as it hampers the digestive fire and disrupts the metabolism.
- A strict no to pastries, pizzas, potato chips.
- Restrict your caffeine intake.
- Avoid left overs, processed, frozen and canned foods and opt for natural and fresh foods.
- Practice regular eating habits at regular intervals.
- Avoid alcohol.
It’s necessary to focus on psychological detox. The more the stress the more the toxins and extra pounds accumulate in our body. Mental peace is the main key to keep yourself fit. Psychological detox can be done by meditation, art and music. Indulge in activities that relaxes your mind and body and which gives you happiness and joy.
Detoxification on a regular basis ramps up your energy, lightens your body, boosts immunity, and builds up self-esteem and confidence. Regular detox cleanses all the organs of our body and increases the longevity of our life. For a woman who is conscious about her figure and fitness summer detox is the best way to shed her extra pounds and detox the body for a healthy and happy living.