Being a mother is a great feeling for every woman. Nothing can match the joy of it. But along with the joy of pregnancy and mother hood comes an underlying problem of shedding the weight gained during pregnancy. Having a balloon-sized tummy is the sign of every pregnant woman but the problems appear after the birth of the child as most of the women get overweight at this stage of life. To get rid of the stubborn belly fat seems next to impossible, causing a woman to lose her self-confidence and leading to depression. If you are suffering from the same problem, stop worrying and adopt yoga in your daily routine, here are 7 simple yet effective yoga poses for losing belly fat after pregnancy.
Tandasana (Mountain Pose)
A perfect yoga pose for warming up the body. Remember warming up is essential before any form of exercise or work-out. Practice this yoga pose before getting into other poses as the Tandasana helps to improve the blood circulation. The way of doing this asana is quite easy. To practice this asana –
- Stand straight, lift your hands up on your head and cross the fingers with each other.
- While holding this pose, raise your feet and stand on your toes.
- Hold the position as long as you can then touch the ground with your feet and bring your hands down.
Padahastasana (Standing Forward Bend)
A perfect yoga pose to get rid of your belly fat as you can be sure to feel pressure on your belly, which helps in getting rid of the belly fat because your belly gets completely compressed while practising this yoga asana. Practice this yoga in the following way-
- Stand straight, keeping your hands relaxed at either side of your body.
- Lift your hands up and bend your body a little.
- Pull the hands forward and touch the ground.
- Now, place the palms of your hands under your feet and hold as long as you can. This step is the most challenging part of the asana but this very step is to bring the best the result of this asana.
Paschimottanasana (Seated Forward Bend)
It is one most effective yoga poses that helps to remove not only the belly fat rather also works on to oust the fat of thighs and legs and back. This yoga pose is also helpful to those who suffer from digestive problems. Unlike the aforementioned yoga poses, this yoga pose has to be practised by sitting.
The way of practising the yoga is as following:
- Sit on your yoga mat on the ground and stretch both the legs in front of you.
- Now bend your body forward slowly and hold the toes with palms.
- Hold this position as long as you are feeling comfortable.
- This yoga can be performed with a variation too. One can practice this yoga alternating the legs.
Pavanamuktasana (Wind Relieving Pose)
Another effective yoga poses to reduce the obstinate belly fat. To practice, this yoga follows the below-written steps:
- Lie down on your yoga mat, keeping both of the hands at the either side of your body.
- Bring your knees slowly towards your chest.
- Now, hold the legs with both of the hands and touch the head slowly with the knees.
- Keep the breathing process normal while practising the yoga asana.
Naukasana (Boat Pose)
Along with removing abdominal belly fat, this yoga pose helps to improve the digestive system. Practising this yoga asana also helps to strengthen thighs, arms, and shoulders.
- Lie down straight on the yoga mat. Lift your legs up from the ground at about 30 degree angle.
- Lift the upper body a bit and stretch the hands towards the knees as well.
- Hold the position as long as you can while breathing normally then release slowly.
Ushtrasana (Camel Pose)
Regular practice of this yoga pose helps a lot to improve the entire body structure along with removing your belly fat.
- Sit in Vajrasana, and then lift up your body on your knees.
- While sitting like that, touch the feet with the either side hands.
- Hold as long as you can and get back to the former pose.
Uttanpadasana (Raised Foot Pose)
This yoga pose specially helps to reduce the fat of the lower abdomen as well as thighs and legs. To perform this yoga follows the below-mentioned steps:
- Lie straight on your yoga mat, placing the hands on the either side of your body.
- Don’t need to move the hands, just lift up the legs straight in the air making a 90-degree angle with your waist.
- Hold the position as long as you can and keep the normal breathing.
Performing the 7 yoga poses at your home, you can be sure to get back in your previous shape while enjoying your motherhood. Just remember that these asanas have to be practised every day for them to be effective.